Sometimes an unfortunate twist of fate makes the best things happen, in love and recipes. Try the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Pizza with Cheesecake flavor M&M’s!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Pizza
- 1 Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- 1 Cup Sweetened, Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package Macadamia Nuts (Whole, Unsalted, From the Baking Aisle)
- 1 Cup M&M’s (they were sold out of regular when I got to the store so I had to buy cheesecake but they really went well with the other ingredients)
- 1 Can Sweetened, Condensed Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12” pizza pan with cooking spray. (You can also use a 9×13” pan, covered with foil or parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.) Press cookie dough evenly into your prepared pan. Sprinkle the coconut, white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and M&Ms over the sugar cookie mixture, IN THAT ORDER. (Make sure the coconut goes on first so it does not burn). Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the candy. Bake for 23-28 minutes until golden. Cool completely before slicing.
Valentines Puppy Chow
- 1 12.8oz Box Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/2 to 5 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Small Can of Roasted Peanuts
- Candy Hearts and Sprinkles
Empty Chex cereal into a large bowl. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, stir until smooth. If the chocolate isn’t melted enough, microwave at 30 second intervals stirring in between until completely melted. Add vanilla extract. Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir gently until all the Chex pieces are covered. Do not over mix. Add powdered sugar and stir until all pieces are white. Add optional items for Valentines. Store in an airtight container.
Black Forest Bundt Cake
Ingredients for the Cake
- 1 18.25oz Package of Devil’s Food Cake Mix with Pudding
- 3 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Extract
- 1 21oz Can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (mini’s work well)
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 1 1/2 Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of Milk or Cream
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Instructions for the Cake
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt or 10- inch tube pan, set aside. In a large bowl combine cake mix, beaten eggs, almond extract, cherry pie filling and chocolate chips. Sir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before glazing.
Instructions for the Glaze
Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, milk or cream and vanilla until smooth. The consistency should be fairly thick but still thin enough to slowly drip down the sides. Add more milk as necessary. Spoon the icing in a ring over the top of the cake and allow it to drip down the sides.
Strawberry Topped Cheesecake Tarts
- 2 Packages of Frozen Phyllo Tart Sheels
- 2 8oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Cups Thawed Cool Whip
- 1 Pint Fresh Strawberries
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line backing sheet with parchment paper. Arrange Phyllo shells on the baking sheet. Bake shells according to the package, allow them to cool completely. Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Stir in Cool Whip. Spoon or pipe evenly into Phyllo shells. Cut strawberries in half and cut a notch at the top (I used the point of a star cookie cutter) to form a heart. Place one strawberry heart on each tart.
Red Velvet Cheese Ball Heart
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups of Red Velvet Cake Mix, Dry
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Powdered Sugar
In the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the cake mix, brown sugar and powdered sugar. Beat until combined. Turn the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap, place in heart mold and push to edges. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Turn the heart out on your serving dish and sift powdered sugar in heart shape on top. Serve with assorted cookies or graham crackers.