We turned the lemons the flood brought into lemonade and lemon shrimp and lemon pie and lemon…
Feta & Lemon Dip
• 7 ounces feta cheese (about 1 cup crumbled)
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus more for garnish
• 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• Crudités, chips, toasts, or pita crisps, for serving
Place the feta, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil in a blender and whir until
combined but still slightly chunky. It’s dense, so you may need to stir it with a fork once or twice. Taste,
and if it’s too salty add more lemon juice.
Spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of pepper flakes and some
Serve with crudités, chips, toast or pita chips.
Artichoke Lemon Dip
• 1 14-ounce (400 g) can of artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup (25 g), packed, grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 Tbsp lemon zest
• 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, room temperature
• 3 to 4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Put the drained artichoke hearts, parsley, Parmesan, lemon zest, garlic, and salt and pepper in a food
processor. Pulse a few times until a paste forms. You should still be able to make out bits of parsley
and lemon, so don’t over-process it.
2 Place the cream cheese in a medium sized bowl. Add the artichoke parsley mixture and the lemon
juice. Stir until well blended. Add more salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Garnish with a few
fresh leaves of parsley or ribbons of lemon zest.
Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives
• 2 cups mixed olives from the olive bar, pitted recommended
• 1/3 cup diced feta cheese from block
• 1 tbsp finely minced fresh dill
• 1 tsp finely minced fresh parsley
• 1/8 tsp garlic granules
• zest of 1 lemon plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the olives and feta.
Sprinkle with the dill, parsley, garlic granules and lemon zest, and stir again. Then drizzle with the olive
oil and lemon juice and toss to coat.
Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir well. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
For a deeper flavor, make one day in advance.
Lemon Basil Cheeseball
• 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese (4 ounces)
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or basil leaves
Mix cream cheese, Havarti cheese, 2 tablespoons basil, the lemon peel and garlic powder until
Shape cheese mixture into cone shape to look like Christmas tree, or roll into 1 large or 2 small balls or
logs. Roll in 1/4 cup parsley.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm. Serve with crackers.
Sicilian Lemon Dip
• 1 lemon (preferably organic), scrubbed
• 1/2 clove garlic (or more to taste)
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons water
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Pinch of red pepper flakes – optional
Using a paring knife or vegetable peeler, remove the peel from the lemon, leaving as much of the
white pith as possible on the fruit. Add the peel to the work bowl of the food processor. Slice the
lemon in half crosswise and remove the seeds, then using a spoon, scoop the segments into the
processor. All that should be remaining of the lemon is the thick white pith, which can be discarded.
Add the olive oil, water and a little salt and pepper to the processor. Pulse until the lemon juice and
oil are emulsified and the lemon peel is chopped into small pieces. Taste, adjust the seasoning and
add crushed red pepper if desired. Serve with crusty bread or toasted baguette.
Smoked Salmon Lemon Cream Cheese Bites
• 8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp of juice from a jar of capers
• 1 tsp Tabasco sauce, or hot sauce
• 8 oz smoked salmon, cut into cracker size pieces
• Triscuits, or your favorite crackers for serving
• 1 tbsp dill
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, caper juice and hot sauce in a mixing bowl until
Top each cracker with smoked salmon, cream cheese mixture and top with dill.
Crockpot Lemon-Pepper Wings
• 2 lbs. chicken wings
• 1 cup homemade bone broth or low-sodium chicken broth (or water)
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 1 tsp lemon rind
• 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1 lemon, sliced
Place chicken in the slow cooker.
In a small bowl mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of wings.
Add lemon slices on top of the chicken.
Cook HIGH 2.5-3 hours or low 4-6. You will know the chicken is done when the internal temperature
reaches 165° Fahrenheit.
Lemon Garlic Marinated Shrimp
• 3 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• 2 pounds cooked shrimp
In microwave-safe large bowl, combine oil and spices; microwave on High 2 minutes.
Add shrimp; cover and marinate for 20 minutes. Microwave 3 to 4 minutes longer or just until shrimp
turn opaque throughout. (1 minute if pre-cooked)
No Bake Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
• 48 lemon crisps
• 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, room temperature
• 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
• ¼ c. lemon juice, fresh squeezed is best
• ½ c. water
• zest of one lemon
• 1 4 serving size package instant lemon pudding mix
• 1 8 oz. tub whipped topping
Put lemon crisps in a large resealable plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine
crumbs form. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl. Add butter and stir until well combined.
Spoon the crumb mixture into mini cupcake liners; press flat. Chill in freezer at least 10 minutes.
Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat again until smooth. Add
lemon juice, water, lemon zest, and dry pudding mix. Beat until combined. Fold in ½ of whipped
Pour cheesecake filling into prepared pie crust (suggest piping from a zip lock bag).
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Optional, top with remaining whipped topping.
15 Minute Easy Lemon Truffles
• 1 15-oz box lemon cake mix
• 1/2 cup butter melted, plus one solid cube for your hands
• 1 lemon 1 tbsp juice
• 1 tsp zest
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1/2 cup yellow sprinkles
Preheat your oven to 350°F and set aside a baking sheet.
Spread out lemon cake mix onto baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes (this is to pasteurize).
Meanwhile, get your other ingredients ready.
In a large bowl mix together baked cake mix, melted butter, lemon juice, and zest until the dough
starts to form. Butter your hands with the solid cube of butter and make the dough into 1 1/2 balls.
Place sprinkles onto a plate and roll each truffle to coat thoroughly. Set finished truffles onto a plate or
Refrigerate for an hour to set.
Lemon Cream Pie Cheesecake Dip
• 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened
• ¼ Cup powdered sugar
• 1 10-ounce jar lemon curd (or a 1 ¼ cup prepared lemon curd – see below)
• 1 8-ounce container Extra Creamy Cool Whip
In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a medium bowl using an electric hand beater, beat the cream cheese
and powdered sugar on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until combined and creamy. Add the lemon
curd and mix on medium speed until just combined.
Fold in the Extra Creamy Cool Whip and transfer dip to your serving bowl. Cover and chill for at least
30 minutes before serving.
• 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 3 to 4 lemons)
• 5 large eggs
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces, at room temperature
Place the lemon zest, juice, eggs, sugar, and salt in a high-speed blender. Cover and blend for 5
minutes on the highest speed.
Reduce the speed to medium, remove the lid plug, and carefully add the butter one cube at a time.
Once all the butter is added, blend for 30 seconds more until glossy.
Remove the lid carefully (steam will be releasing) and transfer the curd to a glass jar or other heatproof container to cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate to thicken and
Ingredients (For 4 Servings)
• ½ cup sugar
• 3 lemons, zest removed in wide strips
• ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
• Lemon slices (for serving)
Bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
Let cool 5 minutes. Add lemon zest and let sit 30 minutes to steep.
Strain lemon syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher; discard zest. Add lemon juice and 3 cups
water and stir to combine.
Serve lemonade over ice garnished with lemon slices